For Arctic, it is essential to attract smart, ambitious, and creative students who contribute positively to our business: "We make sure that our interns are part of the team from day one. They are immediately involved with exciting and challenging projects, which will provide them with tools for their future careers" says Mads Barås Bye, Head of People in Arctic.
Get to know Henrik, Don, Carl, Kristina, and Cathrine
We sat down with five interns currently spread across our business, sharing their Arctic experiences so far in their own words:
Henrik Wetlesen Borge, Arctic Securities:
Education: Completed third year of Industrial Economics and Technology Management at NTNU.
– This summer I am working on research related to offshore supply. My internship has given me solid insights into the everyday life of an Arctic analyst. I enjoy combining independent tasks with teamwork.
– The highlight for me is the morning meetings. You get a good overview of what’s going in the markets and in the investment bank. And of course, enjoying lunch on the roof terrace!
Don Huynh, Cleanworld:
Education: Final year of master at Norges Handelshøyskole, NHH. Main profile in finance and support profile in energy, natural resources, and environment.
– I analyze different markets in which we want to position ourselves. I have already learned a lot through various projects. Hence, the learning curve has been rather steep.
– Renewable energy is incredibly important for Arctic, but also for Norway in the green transition. An internship in Cleanworld is a cool opportunity for me to combine pure-play finance with sustainability and energy. The Cleanworld and Arctic team is very inclusive.
Carl Einar Bonnevie Rasmussen, Arctic Asset Management:
Education: One year left of a Bachelor’ in data science for BI Business School. Completed a Civil Engineering degree from NTNU – marine engineering with specialization in cybernetics
– I am one of four interns at Arctic Asset Management. My main task is to help the business development team to better utilize data to showcase our fixed income funds to customers.
– My intern colleagues work on solutions to automate compliance and make our ESG reporting more efficient.
Kristina Lindhardt and Cathrine Bakken, Arctic Insurance:
Education: Kristina is studying Finance at BI in Oslo. Cathrine is studying Economics at IE i Madrid.
– It has been so exciting! We get a variety of tasks to solve and learn a lot. Me and Kristina will cooperate on a couple of large projects during the summer. We enjoy working together as a team and learn from each other, Cathrine says.
– We have been given a lot of responsibility – and equally trust from our wonderful colleagues at Arctic Insurance. This enables us to challenge ourselves. It makes the job more fun. Me and Cathrine both have limited experience from insurance, so it is quite exciting to get some real insights into the business, Kristina says.
A bright future
An internship is a wonderful opportunity for students looking to experience what it’s like to apply theory into practice by working on relevant and interesting issues. Mads Barås Bye, Head of People in Arctic, emphasizes the possibilities for both parties: "The internship is a solid opportunity for our students to consider whether Arctic is an interesting place to work. At the same time, we can assess whether our interns may be eligible for a permanent employment in the future, Barås Bye says, and concludes:
"In Arctic, we have been fortunate to recruit many interns to full-time positions! "